We at PlayBT get a lot of questions about rules and regulations of Beach Tennis.
Basically, it is a mix of tennis with beach volleyball and badminton and padel 🙂
- Each point starts with a serve, and this same server will serve an entire game
- The ball can be served anywhere in the opponent’s court
- Lets (when the ball skims the net) are in play during serves as well as during the point
- Teams should switch sides before odd games
- Only 1 hit is allowed to get the ball over the net; you may not pass the ball to your partner
- Scoring is 15-30-40 with no advantage; at 40-40 (deuce) next point wins
- Most matches are played in Sets o 6 games, tie break at 5-5 goes to 7 points or super tie break to 10 points.
As you all know, Beach Tennis is ever evolving. In fact, the ITF is currently testing some adaptations to the net height, racket/paddle restrictions, restrictions on players’ distances from the net, etc.
Here are the answers to the two questions we get the most, answered by Italian ITF Referee Massimo Morelli.
To give you guys the final answer for all of your questions, here is a link to the ITF website RULES OF BEACH TENNIS 2016.
We would also like to leave this page open for your questions, comments, suggestions. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the page.